Bienvenue dans notre phare-macie, l’apothicaire des collectionneurs
the-loire
Banche lighthouse

Banche lighthouse

Since 1825, an initial stone turret was errected on a plateau called Turk bank. In 1865, a new tower with granite base received a fixed red light.

More details

mer828

8,76 €

Customer ratings and reviews

Nobody has posted a review yet
in this language
Rate / write a comment

Customers who bought this product also bought:

Collection: phares des Pays de Loire

La Banche lighthouse


Made of: Resin
Size: 13.5 x 8.0 x 7.5 cm

  • Locality : La Baule, Loire-Atlantique
  • Construction : 1865
  • Height : 26.5 m
  • Elevation : 30 m
  • Range : 15 nm

 

Since 1825, an initial stone tower was errected on the plateau named Turk Bank. In 1865, a new tower with a granite base was built witha  red fixed light. In 1893, it was painted with black and white stripes to differentiate it from the 'Four' and Grand-Charpentier lighthouses. In 1896, it was equipped with a light flashing 3 times every 18 seconds (with white and red glazing). In 1907, a siren was installed ; It was decomissioned in 1986. In 1930, it was given a new light system with grouped (2+1) every 15 seconds with white and red filters.
In 1935, after the light caught fire, the system was replaced.
In 1945, the light was relit following a lense refit in 1944. A wind generator was installed that year.

Electrified and automated in 1986, the current lighthouse is the last one to be inhabited in the Loire-Atlantique.

It's a smooth finsihed stone faced tronconic tower construction. It was completed with moldings supporting a stone block balustrade.

The light in the 1935 version of  la Banche lighthouse could be seen by the chief at the Nantes harbour authorities office.

Source: Phares et balises