Bienvenue dans notre phare-macie, l’apothicaire des collectionneurs
lighthouses-lower-normandy
Cap Levi Lighthouse

Cap Levi Lighthouse

Cap Lévi  lighthouse can be found at cap Lévi, within the commune of Fermanville, in the Manche. It serves to support the Hague light and the Gatteville light.

More details

mer863

7,92 €

Customer ratings and reviews

Nobody has posted a review yet
in this language
Rate / write a comment

Customers who bought this product also bought:

Collection: Lighthouses of  Lower Normandy

Cap Lévi Lighthouse


Made of: Resin
Size: H 12,5 x 7 x 7 cm

  • Locality : Fermanville, Manche
  • Construction : 1854 - 1947
  • Height : 28 m
  • Elevation : 36 m
  • Reach : 20 nautical miles

 

Primitively known as Kapelwic « Chapel cove » in the middle ages, original name given to a hamlet in the nearby cove (vik in norse). At first the name given was Caplevy by metathesis of L & amuïssement of C.

An initial lighthouse is illustrated on plans by J. de Serry between 1854 and 1858. The square tower built in granite rises to 31 m.

Destroyed in 1944, a new tower was built in 1947 designed by Levasseur and Chauliat who oversaw the construction. The new tower is smaller (28 meters as opposed to 31), but was built  2 meters higher above the sea level. 

Source: wikipedia